Good Food, Good Life, 365 – Avacado Pasta
8 ounces uncooked pasta (use gluten-free, if desired)
1 to 2 cloves garlic, to taste
¼ cup packed fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 ripe medium avocado, pitted
1/2 cup chopped grape or cherry tomatoes
¼ to ½ tsp fine-grain sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Lemon zest, for serving
Red pepper flakes, for serving
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package.
2. Make the sauce while pasta cooks: In a food processor, combine garlic and basil and pulse to mince.
3. Add lemon juice, oil, avocado flesh, and 1 tablespoon water, and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed. If sauce is too thick, add another 1 tablespoon water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Drain pasta and place it back in the pot. Add the avocado sauce and stir until combined. Gently stir in chopped tomatoes. You can gently rewarm the pasta if it has cooled slightly, or simply serve at room temperature.
5. Top with lemon zest, pepper, and fresh basil leaves, if desired. Offer red pepper flakes for those who like a little heat.