Local Students Receive Jim Lawson Memorial Scholarship
The Tri-County Health Care Foundation recently awarded five local students a $1,000 Jim Lawson Memorial Scholarship. The Jim Lawson Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of Jim Lawson, administrator of Tri-County Hospital from 1980 to 1995.
The purpose is to encourage and promote qualified individuals from the hospital’s service area to pursue an advanced or graduate-level health care career. The scholarship is awarded annually to one student who meets the advanced qualifications.
The 2019 recipients of the Jim Lawson Memorial Scholarship are:
- Brett Brockpahler of Sebeka, who is in her third year of the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at the University of Jamestown,
- Brooke Rehm of Henning, who is in her second year of the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at the University of North Dakota,
- Halley Maas of West Fargo, who is in her first year of the Master of Science in Nursing program at Graceland University,
- Jeanne Brandvold of Perham, who is in her second year of the Master of Science in Nursing Leadership and Management program at Western Governors University,
- and Jennifer Stifter of Menahga, who is in her second year of the pharmacy program at North Dakota State University College of Health Professions.