Governor Walz Expands Outdoor Recreation Opportunities
Governor Walz today issued Executive Order 20-38, which will expand outdoor recreational activities.
Under Executive Order 20-38, facilities that may reopen or remain open include:
- Bait shops for live bait
- Outdoor shooting ranges and game farms
- Public and private parks and trails
- Golf courses and driving ranges
- Boating and off-highway vehicle services, including:
- Marina services
- Dock installation and other lake services
- Boat and off-highway vehicle sales and repair, by appointment only
The new guidelines will go into effect on Saturday, April 18th at 5:00 am, and will have the full force and effect of law upon approval by the Executive Council.
The Governor said in a statement about the order, “It’s important for us to stay active and enjoy the outdoors while preventing the spread of COVID-19. This measure will allow Minnesotans to take advantage of more opportunities to get outside, while still doing their part to keep their neighbors healthy.“