Governor Walz Expands Outdoor Recreation Opportunities
Governor Walz today issued Executive Order 20-38, which will expand outdoor recreational activities.
Under Executive Order 20-38, facilities that may reopen or remain open include:
- Bait shops for live bait
- Outdoor shooting ranges and game farms
- Public and private parks and trails
- Golf courses and driving ranges
- Boating and off-highway vehicle services, including:
- Marina services
- Dock installation and other lake services
- Boat and off-highway vehicle sales and repair, by appointment only
The new guidelines will go into effect on Saturday, April 18th at 5:00 am, and will have the full force and effect of law upon approval by the Executive Council.
The Governor said in a statement about the order, “It’s important for us to stay active and enjoy the outdoors while preventing the spread of COVID-19. This measure will allow Minnesotans to take advantage of more opportunities to get outside, while still doing their part to keep their neighbors healthy.“
Lakeland News is member supported content. Please consider supporting Lakeland News today.