Good Food, Good Life, 365 – Broccomole
3 cups chopped broccoli
1 jalapeno, chopped, seeds removed (depending on how much heat you like)
2 tablespoons minced red onion
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 avocado, scooped out of shell
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Juice from 1/2 of a lime
Additional minced red onion and cilantro, for garnish
- Cook the broccoli in a steamer basket or in lightly salted water until very soft. Overcook the broccoli in comparison to the al dente cooking that most recipes recommend.
- Drain broccoli very well.
- Transfer to a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Add more olive oil, if needed, to create a very creamy mixture.
- Taste and season to achieve the flavor you like.
- Sprinkle with more minced red onion and cilantro.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.