Akeley Man Dies after Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Fish House
The Cass County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed that one man is dead after experiencing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning while fishing Sunday afternoon on Walker Bay of Leech Lake.
A source who knows the family tells Lakeland News that the man who died was 34 year-old Jared Johnson of Akeley.
When police arrived, they found four men in a camper trailer that had been converted into a fish house.
Two were treated for their symptoms and one was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center.
Initial investigations suggest that the propane devices used to heat the fish house were not properly ventilated.
An autopsy is scheduled with the Ramsey County Medical Examiner’s Office.