The Community Advisory Council (CAC) serves Lakeland PBS as a liaison to the board, management, and staff of Lakeland PBS in regards to local, regional, and national programming recommendations that will help the station fulfill its mission to educate, entertain, enrich, and enlighten the citizens of northern and central Minnesota. The CAC meets every other month and consists individuals who reflect the diverse interests, concerns, organizations, issues and populations of northern and central Minnesota. The CAC is open to anyone who lives in the designated market area for Lakeland PBS and who has demonstrated an interest in the station.
Duties of the CAC
- Act as a liaison between Lakeland PBS and the community.
- Provide local, regional, and national programming recommendations to the board, management, and staff of Lakeland PBS.
- Raise community awareness about Lakeland PBS, its programming and its services.
- Advise Lakeland PBS on issues of importance in the community where Lakeland PBS may have an impact.
- Encourage community involvement in Lakeland PBS projects, activities.
- Ensure that the content of the programming reflects the community.
Monthly CAC Meetings
Please take a look at our meeting schedule and join us. If you are interested in serving on our Community Advisory Council, please contact Jeff Hanks at 218-333-3021 or 800-292-0922 ext 121.
January 16, 2020 at 6:00pm
March 19, 2020 at 6:00pm
May 21, 2020 at 6:00pm
July 16, 2020 at 6:00pm
September 17, 2020 at 6:00pm
November 19, 2020 at 6:00pm
We will use our audio/video conference system and hold a joint meeting of both CACs at this time. Members can attend at either location.
Current CAC Members
David Quam – Bemidji
Barbara Horn – Bemidji
John Hawthorne – Puposky
Tom Skime – Bemidji
Dave Henschke – Brainerd
Robert Jenkins – Motley
Nan Farrington – Brainerd
Sharon Sandberg – Cushing
Wanda Gorgoschlitz – Pine River
Amy Dinkel-VanValkenburg – Long Prairie