The Community Advisory Council (CAC) serves Lakeland PBS as a liaison to the board, management, and staff of Lakeland PBS in regards to local, regional, and national programming recommendations that will help the station fulfill its mission to educate, entertain, enrich, and enlighten the citizens of northern and central Minnesota. The CAC meets every other month and comprises community members who reflect the diverse interests, concerns, organizations, issues and populations of northern and central Minnesota. The CAC is open to anyone who lives in the designated market area for Lakeland PBS and who demonstrates an interest in the station.
Duties of the CAC
- Act as a liaison between Lakeland PBS and the community.
- Provide local, regional, and national programming recommendations to the board, management, and staff of Lakeland PBS.
- Raise community awareness about Lakeland PBS, its programming and its services.
- Advise Lakeland PBS on issues of importance in the community where Lakeland PBS may have an impact.
- Encourage community involvement in Lakeland PBS projects, activities.
- Ensure that the content of the programming reflects the community.
Bi-Monthly CAC Meetings
If you are interested in serving on our Community Advisory Council, please contact Meghan Jewett via email at: email@example.com or call 218-333-3025 or 800-292-0922 ext 125. Below is a list of our upcoming meeting dates if you’re interested in attending a meeting, in-person or via Zoom.
January 19, 2023 at 6:00pm
March 16, 2023 at 6:00pm
May 18, 2023 at 6:00pm
July 20, 2023 at 6:00pm
September 21, 2023 at 6:00pm
November 16, 2023 at 6:00pm
- Currently, meetings are being held at both station locations (although this is subject to change). KAWE: Lakeland PBS 108 Grant Ave NE, Bemidji, MN 56601 and KAWB: Lakeland PBS 422 3rd St NW, Brainerd, MN 56401. A Zoom link is provided for those not able to attend.
Current CAC Members
David Quam – Bemidji
John Hawthorne – Puposky
Maria Eastman – Bemidji
Kim Williams – Bemidji
Tom Lembrick – Bemidji
Nan Farrington – Brainerd
Sharon Sandberg – Cushing
Amy Dinkel-VanValkenburg – Long Prairie
Verna Toenyan – Long Prairie