Governor Dayton Authorizes $5.4M for State Disaster Relief
Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton authorized an estimated $5,467,599 from the State Disaster Assistance Contingency Account. The funds will be used for storm relief efforts in ten counties across the state.
According to a press release, Aitkin, Benton, Carlton, Crow Wing, Kanabec, Meeker, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Pine, and Traverse counties sustained “significant damage” from storms in July. Public property was damaged by thunderstorms, flooding and high winds.
The money will help reimburse counties for repairs and clean-up costs of public property.
Under Minnesota law, the state will reimburse 75% of eligible costs while local governments will be responsible for covering the remaining 25%.
The Governor’s authorization letter can be read here.